Design your own property in one weekend under the direct guidance and mentoring of Geoff Lawton.
Create greater self-sufficiency and resilience against any worldly challenge by breaking the cycle of dependence on commodities.
Reset your life forever by learning how to make yourself a real living growing your own diverse spread of organic superfood.
Receive knowledge and experience from Geoff who mentored under Bill Mollison for twenty years, and who has 40 years of Permaculture design and implementation experience across the world in many different climate types.
Design for a micro-urban environment or vast rangeland…from tropical to desert to cold climates.
What You Will Need:
- A laptop computer (or smartphone for research).
- A topographical map (with contours), as large as practical for you, of the property you wish to design.
- Drawing implements such as pencils of different colours, eraser, sharpener, ruler, stencils.
- Meteorological data for the area in question including any local phenomena.
- Have a considered idea about your needs from the design.
- History of the site land use.
- History of the bioregion e.g. agricultural use etc.
You will leave with a mainframe design of your property – that you will do – following the Final Design Exercise format from the official online Permaculture Design Certificate program.
9.00 – 10.30 You and Your Site
11.00 – 12.30 Location and Property
13.30 – 15.00 Observation and Research
15.30 – 17.00 Sector Analysis
9.00 – 10.30 Design Concept Development
11.00 – 12.30 Zone Planning & Components
13.30 – 15.00 Putting Your Design Together
15.30 – 17.00 Finalising Your Design
For people who wish to stay on-site, accommodation is free and camping style on platforms (suitable for two-person tents), or a camp-ground for larger tents or caravans, etc. There is one powered sea container cabin available (to be booked for a fee). People who wish to stay on the farm outside of course timings, bookings can be made via Hipcamp at Zaytuna Farm.
Options nearby include The Channon Tavern accommodation, and bed and breakfast/AirBnB facilities in the local region. Lismore is the nearest main town 21km away with inns, motels, and hotels.