31st Oct – 1st Of November 2020
You can solve all your health problems in the garden. Improve your physical and mental health by working with nature and accepting its gifts. Life in relationship to life in a food garden builds respect and furthers life understanding.
This course teaches you how to design, implement and maintain an organic food garden that will provide real nutrient density super food constantly.
You can create a productive food garden that is also a beautiful landscape feature. Recharge your inner self, in a peaceful place of your creation where both you and guests can sit in a state of natural wonder.
This is food gardening made easy and the smaller the area the larger the production per square meter.
It is the best food for your health with zero food miles, zero food time, zero food guilt and the best value for money, time and effort possible for the best nutrition.
A food garden gives you a feeling of self-respect that you are part of the solution and less a part of the problem.
You will learn to keep an attractive fertile garden with minimum effort, maintaining fertility and remaining attractive even in your absence.
You will have a place to teach children some of the most important lessons they will ever learn that will remain with them for life.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Note taking materials.
Appropriate outdoor workwear for the season-long pants and shirts recommended, work boots, wet weather apparel, wide brim hat, gloves if desired.
The Course Covers:
- Work and play, stress and fun, tense and relaxed gardening.
- Nature does not lie.
- Small space design and function.
- Large space design and function.
- Sun, shade and wind assessment.
- Soil preparation and shaping to climate variation on site.
- Footpath design minimum/maximum and why?
- Design for psychological health, peace of mind and meditative space.
- Cover crop preparation and security.
- Soil fertility components, compost types and worm farms.
- Species selection to season annual.
- Species selection perennial.
- Seed propagation in the ground.
- Seed propagation and micro nursery on site.
- Cuttings, tubers and propagule inclusions.
- Maintaining soil structure and fertility.
- Trellis and espalier inclusions.
- Weed control and fertility, turn the problem into the solution.
- Integrated pest control and management by including beautiful features and willing wildlife workers.
- In your absence, your garden can be rested in a secure fertility building state ready for your return back into rapid production.
For people who wish to stay on site, accommodation is free and camping style on platforms (suitable for two-person tents) or a camp-ground for larger tents or caravans etc. There is one powered sea container cabin available (to be booked for a fee). People who wish to stay on a farm outside of course timings, bookings can be made via Hipcamp at Zaytuna Farm.
Options nearby include The Channon Tavern accommodation, and bed and breakfast/AirBnB facilities in the local region. Lismore is the nearest main town 21km away with inns, motels and hotels.